Hello, I’m Jodi Chromey and my hair only looks this cool about twice a year (the days I actually get it done). I’m a writer and supergenius who lives in Shakopee, Minnesota (I call it a small town 30 minutes south of Minneapolis, others call it a suburb). I live in a house I call Supergenius HQ with my needy cat Paco and more books than any single woman really needs.
I Will Dare was born July 31, 2000, mostly because I wanted to. There is no better explanation than that. Since then, I’ve updated this site nearly every day, became the mastermind behind the oft-neglected Paul Westerberg blog (dude needs to release a new album), the editor of the super rad Minnesota Reads book review blog, and a contributor to Book Riot. I was once called “bold and fearless” by Kathleen Turner in her memoir Send Yourself Roses.
Besides writing this blog, I also write fiction that is as yet unpublished and work as a freelance copywriter, blogger, and WordPress website creator. If you’re looking for a help with those kinds of things, I’m totally for hire.
When I first started writing About pages, I would just list a bunch of things about myself and base the number of things on my age. I got the idea from Paul Westerberg’s album title “14 Songs.” For instance, I think the first one was called 29 things. Since old habits die hard:
- This list only had 37 things for the last three years. Nobody ever questioned it.
- At 6’5″ I’m unusually tall for a woman.
- No, I never played basketball.
- Yes, my parents are both tall (mom = 5’10″, biological father = 6’2″)
- My cat is named Paco. He’s very fancy. I had a cat named Madison after James Madison, but he died in 2012. It sucked. We had been together for sixteen years.
- No, my three younger sisters are not tall. I have a different father.
- The weather up here is swell.
- My truck is named Ruby, my iPod is named Eurydice, my iPhone is called Ziggy, my iPod is Beesus and my MacBook is called Enid.
- Though I am single and have no children I spend an awful lot of time with my niece Jaycie and my nephews Max, Cade, Nolan, and Liam.
- Sometimes I wish someone would make me a style guide that I could follow religiously because I just make it up as I go along and am incredibly inconsistent.
- I have a really good memory and often creep out my friends by remembering really arcane details they told me once.
- This makes me feel like a stalker. But I have a strict ‘only stalk people on my way home from work policy.’ It just makes good fiscal sense, what with the price of gas. Also, now, I work from home.
- I don’t care if you call me a nerd, because I totally am.
- I am on an eternal quest for the perfect headphones. . . over the ear, big ear cups, and not too tight to pinch my glasses between my ear and my head.
- I am picky about crap nobody else cares about.
- Things guaranteed to make me cry: national anthems, marching bands, standing ovations, beautiful writing, and that episode of Dawson’s Creek where Mitch Leery dies.
- I brush my teeth without my shirt on for fear of drooling on it.
- I collect books, wheat pennies, and burnt sienna crayons.
- When I started I Will Dare, I used to only write in lowercase letters.
- If I could I’d go back in time, I’d kick my own ass for being so annoying.
- James Madison is my favorite former president
- I was born 6.6.72 at 6:36 p.m.
- Six is my favorite number.
- I often say inflammatory and absurd things because it makes me laugh.
- Like, for instance, poetry is bullshit
- One of my favorite things to do on earth is argue.
- When I was younger I wanted to grow up to be a cowgal, a waitress, a ballerina, or a babysitter.
- I have a penchant for redheads, Diet Coke with lime, Pretzel M&Ms, and pens with blue ink.
- I am afraid of heights, being forgotten, and driving in the winter.
- When I was younger I would obsessively catalog my Sweet Valley High books.
- I often suffer from insomnia and have since I was a kid.
- I have six tattoos.
- Oftentimes I forget that I am capable of being loved
- I lied to Facebook so they would change my username.
- I told them that I got divorced and that Willdare was my married name and Chromey is my maiden name.
- I wear glasses most of time.
- I don’t wear a watch.
- Or makeup.
- My favorite color is orange
- For someone who has been blogging about the inane detail of my everyday life for over tweleve years, I’m sure having a tough time with this list.
Leave a Comment
Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and
rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name, or it will be deleted. Let us have a personal and meaningful conversation instead.